If you need help setting your employment goals or figuring out how to reach them, Employment 101 – E101 is the tool for you. It includes:
- Pre-Assessment to check your current knowledge (but it's not required).
- Self-guided approach (or you can work with a career coach or counselor) and planning tools to:
- Create a Career Plan.
- Create a Job Search Plan.
- Achieve Your Goals Activities.
- Post-Assessment to check what you learned and unlock your certificate.
- Certificate of Completion to add to your resume and portfolio.
Use simple steps that:
- Provide guidance through the process.
- Present resources only related to that step.
- Connects you to related tools to help you plan.
This means that you:
- Don't get overwhelmed with too much information at one time.
- Know exactly what to complete in the planning tools.
- Access all information you need in one place.
Learn using related resources that show throughout the guide:
- Learning modules.
- Interactive activities.
- More resources are available with every module.
Create solutions using planning tools that are embedded into the guide. As you move through the guide, you will be prompted to save bookmarks and enter information.
These Planning Tools include:
- Creating Notes about things you need.
- Skills and Interest Surveys.
- Essential Employability Skills Survey.
- Videos about tools you will use.
- Career Comparison Tool.
- Training Program Comparison Tool.
- Resume and Portfolio Builder.
- Job Tracking Tool.
Use saved bookmarks to easily access detailed career and training information.
- Login to your account or Sign Up using the links in the header of Illinois workNet.
- Click "My Dashboard" once you login.
- Click "Employment 101" to get started or access your saved plans.
Access partner Resources, Guides, and everything you need to use Employment 101 with your students/customers here.