Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
Northeast, Career Cluster
Architects - Physical Demands
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
It is important for architects to be able to:
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- [ More ]
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for architects to be able to:
- Determine the distance between objects.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- [ More ]
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.