In a typical work setting, brokerage clerks:
- Communicate by telephone, e-mail, letters, memos, and in-person on a daily basis.
- Have a high level of contact with customers and staff.
- Are occasionally placed in conflict situations where customers might become angry or unpleasant.
- Are somewhat responsible for the work done by other clerks.
- [ More ]
- Often work as part of a team.
Physical Work Conditions
- Always work indoors.
- Often work in noisy offices and spaces where the sound levels may be distracting.
- Must meet strict daily deadlines.
- Must be sure that all details of their job are completed and performed accurately. Missing details could cost the company time and money.
- Repeat the same activities over and over, such as working with computers.
- Often make decisions that affect clients. They often act without consulting a supervisor first.
- [ More ]
- Determine most of their daily tasks and goals without talking to a superior first.
- May work part time or full time. Most work full time.
- May work overtime if there is a lot of activity in stock or bond markets.