Chemical plant operators need knowledge in the following areas:
- Production and Processing: How products are made and distributed.
- Chemistry: The properties of substances and the changes that occur when they interact.
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Public Safety and Security: How to protect people and property.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.