Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
Central, West Central, East Central, North Central, Northeast, Northern Stateline, Northwest, Southeast, Southern, Southwest, Statewide
Civil Engineers - Physical Demands
Civil engineers frequently:
- Sit for long periods of time.
It is important for civil engineers to be able to:
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for civil engineers to be able to:
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Determine the distance between objects.
- [ More ]
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.