In a typical work setting, computer user support specialists:
- Have a high level of social interaction.
- Are somewhat responsible for the work done by others.
- Are often placed in conflict situations in which others may be rude or angry due to frustration with computers.
- Communicate with coworkers or users daily by telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- [ More ]
- Work as part of a team.
- Sometimes write letters and memos.
Physical Work Conditions
- Always work indoors.
- Work near other people, but have a few feet of space separating self from others.
- Must be sure that all details of a repair are done and completed accurately. This is to make sure they fix problems the first time and do not create new problems.
- Can make most decisions and set most tasks and goals without consulting a supervisor.
- Sometimes make decisions that affect others.
- Repeat the same physical and mental activities.
- [ More ]
- Must meet daily and weekly deadlines.
- Work a regular 40 hour work week.
- May be able to work at home. As technology advances, specialists will be able to identify problems from their own computers.