In a typical work setting, computer systems analysts:
- Have a medium to high level of social contact. They work with staff, but also spend time alone while programming.
- Are responsible for the work outcomes of the people they supervise.
- Work as part of a team.
- Communicate with coworkers and clients daily by telephone, e-mail, and in person.
- [ More ]
- Write letters and memos monthly.
Physical Work Conditions
- Always work indoors.
- Work somewhat close to other people, such as when sharing office space.
- Are sometimes exposed to distracting noise levels, such as from fans or computer servers.
- Must be exact in their work and be sure all details are done. Errors can slow progress on projects or cause users to lose information.
- Must repeat the same mental tasks over and over.
- Meet strict deadlines weekly.
- Rarely consult a supervisor before making decisions or setting tasks and goals.
- [ More ]
- Make decisions weekly that affect other people or the reputation of their employer.
- Usually work at least 40 hours a week.
- May work evenings and weekends to meet deadlines.
- May travel to trade shows, seminars, and trainings.