Numerical control machine operators need knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Design: Making and using plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Production and Processing: How products are made and distributed.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Engineering and Technology: How to use computers and rules of engineering to design and produce goods and services.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Physics: The features and laws of matter and energy.
- Chemistry: The properties of substances and the changes that occur when they interact.