In a typical work setting, loan clerks:
- Have a very high level of social contact. They are in constant contact with applicants and loan officers.
- Communicate by telephone, e-mail, and in person on a daily basis. They also write letters and memos, but much less frequently.
- Are responsible for the work done by other clerks.
- May on occasion be placed in conflict situations in which they must deal with rude or angry customers.
- [ More ]
- Usually work as part of a team.
Physical Work Conditions
- Always work indoors.
- May work close to others, such as when sharing office space.
- Occasionally work in noisy offices.
- Must be exact in their work and be sure all details are done. Errors could keep qualified applicants from getting loans.
- Repeat the same physical and mental activities.
- May work part time or full time. Schedules are usually regular and during standard business hours.
- May work overtime during busy periods.