Dental assistants need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Medicine and Dentistry: Injuries and illnesses and plans for treatment.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.
- Production and Processing: How products are made and distributed.