Forklift operators need to:
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Manage the time of self and others.
Work with People
- Change behavior in relation to others’ actions.
Work with Things
- Operate and control equipment.
- Watch gauges, dials, and output to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Maintain equipment on a routine basis. Determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Perceive and Visualize
- Know one's location in a physical setting and recognize where other objects are located in relation to oneself.