Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
Central, West Central, East Central, North Central, Northeast, Northern Stateline, Northwest, Southeast, Southern, Southwest, Statewide
Educators - Physical Demands
High school teachers frequently:
- Stand for long periods of time.
It is important for high school teachers to be able to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for high school teachers to be able to:
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- [ More ]
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.