Highway maintenance workers need to:
- Understand spoken information.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Listen to others and ask questions.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- [ More ]
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
- Recognize the nature of a problem.
- Develop rules that group items in various ways.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
- Go back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information without becoming confused.
Work with People
- Change behavior in relation to others’ actions.
Work with Things
- Operate and control equipment.
- Watch gauges, dials, and output to make sure a machine is working properly.
Perceive and Visualize
- Imagine how something will look if it is moved around or its parts are rearranged.
- Identify a pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in distracting material.
- Quickly and accurately compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns.