In a typical work setting, home electronic repairers:
- Have a medium level of job-required social contact.
- Communicate with others primarily by telephone, face-to-face discussions, and e-mail.
Physical Work Conditions
- Nearly always work indoors.
- Are sometimes exposed to hazardous conditions that produce minor burns, cuts, or electric shock.
- Must be sure that all details are done and their work is exact. Errors could cause customers to be dissatisfied.
- Usually work independently, where they make decisions and set daily tasks without talking to another first.
- Must meet occasional deadlines while working.
- Usually work a 40-hour week.
- May work Saturdays.
- May travel to make service calls to customers' homes.