Home electronic repairers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Engineering and Technology: How to use computers and rules of engineering to design and produce goods and services.
- Telecommunications: The tools used to send messages and data.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Design: Making and using plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.