In a typical work setting, janitors:
- Have a medium level of social interaction. Janitors talk to supervisors, but spend much of their time alone.
- Are responsible for the health and safety of those who live and work in the spaces they clean.
- May work as part of a team.
- Are somewhat responsible for the work done by other janitors.
Physical Work Conditions
- Often work indoors. May occasionally work outdoors.
- Are sometimes exposed to contaminants, such as cleaning solutions.
- May be exposed to diseases and infections.
- Sometimes wear protective clothing, such as gloves.
- [ More ]
- May work close to others, such as when a client is home or in the office during cleaning times.
- Must accurately complete all details of a job.
- Usually make decisions and set tasks and goals under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Repeat the same physical tasks.
- May work part time or full time. Schedules are usually regular.
- May work weekends and evenings.