Licensed practical nurses need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Psychology: People, their actions, and mental processes and how to treat problems.
- Medicine and Dentistry: Injuries and illnesses and plans for treatment.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Therapy and Counseling: The mental or physical problems and methods for treatment.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.