Locksmiths need knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Public Safety and Security: How to protect people and property.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Law, Government, and Jurisprudence: Laws, rules of the court, and the politics.