In a typical work setting, packers and packagers:
- Have a medium level of social contact. They usually work with others.
- Communicate with coworkers in person on a daily basis.
- Work in a group or as part of a team.
- Are responsible for the health and safety of others.
- [ More ]
- Have limited responsibility for the work done by other workers.
Physical Work Conditions
- Almost always work indoors. They work outdoors on rare occasions.
- Work near coworkers, but usually have a few feet of space separating them from others.
- Are often exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
- Almost always wear gloves, hard hats, or other protective attire.
- [ More ]
- Are occasionally exposed to contaminants such as dust.
- Must be exact in their work so that products arrive in good condition.
- Repeat the same physical activities.
- Are able to set some tasks and make some decisions without talking to a supervisor.
- Often have to meet strict deadlines so that products arrive on schedule.
- Generally have a set schedule each week.
- Usually work 40 hours a week or more.
- May work days, nights, or weekends.