In a typical work setting, political scientists:
- Have a medium level of social contact. They communicate with others by phone, e-mail, and in person on a weekly basis.
- Often speak in front of large groups of people.
- Occasionally deal with people who may be rude or angry.
- Sometimes work in a group or as part of a team.
Physical Work Conditions
- Almost always work indoors.
- Work with other people, but usually in a separate office.
- Must be very exact and accurate in their work.
- Rarely consult a supervisor before making a decision.
- Usually set their own tasks and goals for each day.
- Work in a highly competitive environment and meet monthly deadlines.
- Generally have a set schedule each week.
- Usually work more than 40 hours a week.