Public relations specialists need knowledge in the following areas:
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Communications and Media: How to produce written, spoken or visual media.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.