Roof bolters need to:
- Listen to others and ask questions.
- Understand spoken information.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order.
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- [ More ]
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Recognize the nature of a problem.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
- Go back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information without becoming confused.
- Manage the time of self and others.
Work with People
- Change behavior in relation to others’ actions.
Work with Things
- Operate and control equipment.
- Determine the causes of technical problems and find solutions for them.
- Watch gauges, dials, and output to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Maintain equipment on a routine basis. Determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- [ More ]
- Repair machines or systems.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of products.
Perceive and Visualize
- Imagine how something will look if it is moved around or its parts are rearranged.