Roustabouts need to:
- Understand spoken information.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- [ More ]
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
Work with Things
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of products.
- Determine the causes of technical problems and find solutions for them.
- Watch gauges, dials, and output to make sure a machine is working properly.
Perceive and Visualize
- Identify a pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in distracting material.
- Quickly and accurately compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns.