Small engine mechanics need knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Engineering and Technology: How to use computers and rules of engineering to design and produce goods and services.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Transportation: The methods and costs for moving people, goods, and materials.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.