Social Scientists

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics > Social Scientists > Licensing / Certification
Social Scientists

Social Scientists - Licensing / Certification

Some clinical and applied sociology positions require sociologists to be certified by the Sociological Practice Association (SPA). To become certified, applicants must:

  • be a member of the Sociological Practice Association;
  • have at least one year of relevant experience;
  • have a master's or doctoral degree from an approved school; and
  • demonstrate their abilities before an examining committee.

For more information about certification, contact:

Ann Marie Ellis, Ph.D., C.C.S.
Chair, SPA Certification Committee
313 FH, Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX 78666-4616
Source: Illinois Career Information System (CIS) brought to you by Illinois Department of Employment Security.