Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
North Central, Northeast, Southwest
Abuse Counselors - Physical Demands
Social workers frequently:
- Sit for long periods of time.
It is important for social workers to be able to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for social workers to be able to:
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- [ More ]
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.