Social workers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Psychology: People, their actions, and mental processes and how to treat problems.
- Therapy and Counseling: The mental or physical problems and methods for treatment.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Sociology and Anthropology: Where people come from and how they behave.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.
- Law, Government, and Jurisprudence: Laws, rules of the court, and the politics.