Tank car, truck, and ship loaders need to:
- Understand spoken information.
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Write clearly so other people can understand.
- [ More ]
- Understand written information.
- Listen to others and ask questions.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
- Recognize the nature of a problem.
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order.
- [ More ]
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Manage the time of self and others.
- Go back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information without becoming confused.
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
Work with Things
- Watch gauges, dials, and output to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operate and control equipment.
Perceive and Visualize
- Quickly and accurately compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns.
- Identify a pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in distracting material.
- Imagine how something will look if it is moved around or its parts are rearranged.