Tax preparers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Economics and Accounting: Banking and business.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Law, Government, and Jurisprudence: Laws, rules of the court, and the politics.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.