Tax Advisors

Finance > Tax Advisors > Licensing / Certification
Tax Advisors

Tax Advisors - Licensing / Certification

Certification and registration are required for tax preparers who want to become Enrolled Agents. These workers can legally represent clients at audits before the IRS. To become an Enrolled Agent, workers must either pass a comprehensive exam put on by the IRS, or have worked at the IRS for five years in a related career. Tax preparers can learn more about the exam from any district IRS office.

Source: Illinois Career Information System (CIS) brought to you by Illinois Department of Employment Security.