In a typical work setting, tool grinders:
- Have a low level of social contact. Tool grinders usually work alone.
- Are responsible for the health and safety of others.
Physical Work Conditions
- Always work indoors.
- Always wear protective attire, such as gloves and safety glasses.
- Are regularly exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
- Are often exposed to hazardous equipment and contaminants.
- [ More ]
- Are sometimes exposed to hazardous situations that may produce cuts or minor burns.
- Are sometimes exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures.
- Must fully complete and be exact in their work. Errors could produce defective work pieces and cost the company money.
- Must let the work pace be determined by the speed of the equipment.
- Repeat the same physical activities.
- Usually work full time.