Travel Agents - Physical Demands
Travel agents frequently:
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Repeat the same movements.
It is important for travel agents to be able to:
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for travel agents to be able to:
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- [ More ]
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.