Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
City Planners - Physical Demands
Urban and regional planners frequently:
- Sit for long periods of time.
It is important for urban and regional planners to be able to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for urban and regional planners to be able to:
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Determine the distance between objects.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- [ More ]
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.