In a typical work setting, anthropologists:
- Communicate with others by e-mail and in person daily. Write memos and make phone calls on a weekly basis.
- Often speak in front of large groups of people.
- Are somewhat responsible for the health and safety of others.
- Often work as part of a team.
- [ More ]
- Are moderately responsible for the outcomes of work done by others.
Physical Work Conditions
- Often work indoors but may work outdoors when performing fieldwork.
- Sometimes wear protective equipment such as gloves.
- Work close to others, such as when sharing office space.
- Must be very accurate and thorough with their work.
- Occasionally make decisions that affect others, usually without consulting others first.
- Set most of their own tasks and goals for the day.
- Work in a moderately competitive environment and meet monthly and weekly deadlines.
- Usually work an irregular schedule that varies.
- Most work more than 40 hours a week.