In a typical work setting, appliance installers and repairers:
- Have a high level of social contact. Installers and repairers speak with customers often, usually by telephone or face-to-face.
- Sometimes work as part of team, especially for large installations.
Physical Work Conditions
- Work indoors except when hooking up outdoor vents for appliances.
- Sometimes work in cramped places and get into awkward positions.
- Are sometimes exposed to explosive fumes when installing or repairing gas appliances.
- Are sometimes exposed to situations that may produce cuts or burns. Safety procedures greatly reduce the chance and degree of injury.
- [ More ]
- Sometimes wear gloves and other safety attire.
- May work physically near other workers.
- Must be sure that all details of the job are done according to local building codes. Errors could endanger the safety of homeowners.
- Regularly make decisions that impact customers or their own company's reputation. They often make these decisions independently.
- Usually set their own daily priorities.
- Usually work a standard 40-hour week.
- May be ""on-call"" in case of emergencies.