Biologists need knowledge in the following areas:
- Biology: Cells, plants, and animals and how they function.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Chemistry: The properties of substances and the changes that occur when they interact.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.