Commercial divers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Building and Construction: The tools and methods used to construct buildings, roads, and other structures.
- Physics: The features and laws of matter and energy.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Public Safety and Security: How to protect people and property.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.