Financial counselors need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Economics and Accounting: Banking and business.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Psychology: People, their actions, and mental processes and how to treat problems.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.
- Law, Government, and Jurisprudence: Laws, rules of the court, and the politics.