Occupation is in demand for the following regions:
Glass Blowers - Physical Demands
Glass blowers frequently:
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Stand for long periods of time.
It is important for glass blowers to be able to:
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet.
- [ More ]
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for glass blowers to be able to:
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Determine the distance between objects.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- [ More ]
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
- Choose quickly and correctly among various movements when responding to different signals.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- See objects in very bright or glaring light.
- Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Move arms and legs quickly.