Heating and cooling system mechanics need to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Listen to others and ask questions.
- Understand spoken information.
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- [ More ]
- Understand written information.
- Write clearly so other people can understand.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- [ More ]
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order.
- Recognize the nature of a problem.
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
- Develop rules that group items in various ways.
- Make sense of information that seems without meaning or organization.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Recognize when important changes happen or are likely to happen in a system.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
- Manage the time of self and others.
Work with People
- Change behavior in relation to others’ actions.
- Be aware of others’ reactions and understand the possible causes.
Work with Things
- Determine the causes of technical problems and find solutions for them.
- Maintain equipment on a routine basis. Determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repair machines or systems.
- Watch gauges, dials, and output to make sure a machine is working properly.
- [ More ]
- Install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of products.
- Operate and control equipment.
- Determine the tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Perceive and Visualize
- Imagine how something will look if it is moved around or its parts are rearranged.
- Quickly and accurately compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns.
- Identify a pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in distracting material.