Industrial machinery mechanics need knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Engineering and Technology: How to use computers and rules of engineering to design and produce goods and services.
- Production and Processing: How products are made and distributed.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Design: Making and using plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Building and Construction: The tools and methods used to construct buildings, roads, and other structures.
- Public Safety and Security: How to protect people and property.