Librarians need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.
- Computers and Electronics: Computer hardware and software.
- Education and Training: The methods of teaching and learning.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Communications and Media: How to produce written, spoken or visual media.