In a typical work setting, nursery workers:
- Have a medium level of social contact.
- Communicate with others primarily by face-to-face discussions. They may also speak on the phone to customers.
- May work as part of a team.
Physical Work Conditions
- Usually work outdoors. However, they sometimes work indoors in greenhouses and hydroponic gardens.
- Sometimes wear protective attire such as work gloves. They may wear hats and sunscreen to protect themselves from the sun.
- May be exposed to extremely hot or cold weather while working.
- May work in very bright or very dim lighting conditions.
- [ More ]
- May work physically near others.
- Must fully complete and be accurate in their work. Errors could harm plants and cause nurseries to lose money.
- Must sometimes match the pace of work to the speed of equipment.
- Must meet weekly and monthly deadlines.
- May work full time or part time.
- May work weekends and long days during the summer and growing seasons.