Potters need knowledge in the following areas:
- Fine Arts: The methods and concepts needed to create visual, music, or dramatic arts.
- Production and Processing: How products are made and distributed.
- Design: Making and using plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Chemistry: The properties of substances and the changes that occur when they interact.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.