In a typical work setting, production helpers:
- Have a low level of social interaction. They work alone most of the time.
- Communicate primarily by face-to-face discussions.
- Work as part of a team.
- Are responsible for the health and safety of others.
- [ More ]
- Are somewhat responsible for the work done by other helpers and assistants.
Physical Work Conditions
- Usually work indoors, but sometimes work outdoors on loading docks.
- Are often exposed to contaminants.
- Are often exposed to sounds or noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Are regularly exposed to hazardous situations that may produce cuts or minor burns.
- [ More ]
- Are sometimes exposed to hazardous equipment.
- May be exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures while working outdoors.
- May work physically near others.
- Must be exact in their work and be sure all details are done. Errors could result in damaged products.
- Must let the work pace be set by the speed of machinery.
- Repeat the same physical activities.
- Must meet strict daily and weekly deadlines.
- Usually work 40 hours per week.