Recreation guides need knowledge in the following areas:
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.
- Sales and Marketing: The methods for selling products and services.
- Geography: How to describe the location, features, and relationships of land, sea, and air.
- Clerical: General office work such as filling and storing information.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- Transportation: The methods and costs for moving people, goods, and materials.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Economics and Accounting: Banking and business.