Sheet metal workers need knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical: The design, use, and repair of machines and tools.
- Mathematics: The rules and uses of numbers.
- Building and Construction: The tools and methods used to construct buildings, roads, and other structures.
- Administration and Management: How to run a business or group.
- English Language: The meaning and use of the English language.
- Design: Making and using plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Production and Processing: How products are made and distributed.
- Customer and Personal Service: Providing special services to customers based on their needs.