In a typical work setting, shoe and leather workers:
- Have a medium level of social interaction. They speak to customers on the phone or in person, but also spend time alone working on products.
- Are responsible for the work done by other workers and assistants.
- Occasionally work as part of a group.
Physical Work Conditions
- Always work indoors.
- Are occasionally exposed to contaminants.
- May share work space with other workers.
- Must be exact and accurate in doing their work, especially when making orthopedic shoes.
- Repeat the same physical activities over and over while remaining alert and interested in doing a good job.
- Determine most of their daily tasks and goals independently.
- Must meet daily and weekly quotas and deadlines.
- May work part time or full time.
- May work longer hours during busy times to meet orders.