Surveying and mapping technicians need to:
- Understand written information.
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand spoken information.
- [ More ]
- Listen to others and ask questions.
- Write clearly so other people can understand.
Reason and Problem Solve
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order.
- [ More ]
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
- Recognize the nature of a problem.
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Develop rules that group items in various ways.
Use Math and Science
- Choose a mathematical method or formula to solve problems.
- Use math skills to solve problems.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide quickly and correctly.
Manage Oneself, People, Time, and Things
- Manage the time of self and others.
- Check how well one is learning or doing something.
Work with People
- Change behavior in relation to others’ actions.
Perceive and Visualize
- Identify a pattern (a figure, object, word, or sound) that is hidden in distracting material.
- Imagine how something will look if it is moved around or its parts are rearranged.
- Quickly and accurately compare letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns.