Classroom Assistants - Physical Demands
Teacher aides frequently:
- Walk or run for long periods of time.
- Stand for long periods of time.
It is important for teacher aides to be able to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for teacher aides to be able to:
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- [ More ]
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.